22 May 2005

Just Trying to Keep It Real

Finally back from Ohio. I was only gone for 3 days, but it felt longer. My cousins wedding was quite a production. I'm sure I don't understand why people work so hard at trying to give the appearance of a classy event. They never succeed. And I won't even get into the weird gender roll comments that were made during the ceremony...I'm still pretending I didn't really hear them.

On a more positive note, I am the proud new owner of an original Queen D. Franklin paining. She was my great aunt who took up painting at about age 65 and continued until she lost her sight at 101. She sold quite a few of her pieces and actually got some recognition for her work. This particular painting has been hanging in my grandma's basement since 1970 when my grandpa gave Aunt Queen $17 for it. I've had my eye on it for a long time, and I can't wait to find a place to hang it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't D warn you about spelling?

Maggie said...

Screw you. I was in the car with my family for 18 hours in 3 days.

Anonymous said...

wow, I got a "screw you" instead of a "bite me." I'm not sure what the proper come-back to "screw you" is.

Maggie said...

You'll get a "bite me" too if you're not careful.

Anonymous said...

Maggie is a meanie

Anonymous said...

I'd know how to respond to a "bite me"