27 October 2005

Mexico may have to wait...sorry Dorian

I didn't fail my math test!!! I didn't do well either, but the important thing here is that I did just well enough. The unfortunate result is that I will not be moving to Mexico where it is warm in order to hide from the shame of failing out of grad school for at least a few more weeks.

In other news, I've begun to construct my committee. I'm not excited because these are the people who will be writing my comps, and naming them makes that real. Comps here consist of 6 days of written and oral exams, and I've been very successful at pretending that they don't exist thus far. On a good note though, my advisor recommended one possible member based on the fact that "she's a nice person."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mexico may have to wait for you, but I'm pretty sure my Stat grade will be low enough for me to be able to leave soon.

JIK said...

I doing a take home for my marsh geology class -- i am thinking i will be joining amanda in mexico shortly :(