24 June 2005
TGI Doughnut Day!
Last week one of the professors informed me that the doughnuts are the only reason to get out of bed and come to work on Fridays. Boy was she right. Normally I don't get this excited about doughnuts. I'll take them or leave them, but these clearly have supernatural powers. All week I've been fighting with the oyster folks for use of the dock at 7am. They seem to think that they are the only ones whose work is important and don't want to stop their heavy equipment for 30 seconds while I walk to the end of the dock. When I got back from the dock, I called the mechanic about my car. He was all kinds of delightful. He allegedly started working on it this morning. So having had two fights before 7:30, I decided to go back to bed for an hour before coming to work. That was an unfortunate decision on my part for sure. About the time I drifted off again, my alarm started going off. I was all ready for another day of hiding from everyone in an attempt not to be mean to the innocent, but the doughnut saved the day. The rest of the day has been fairly uneventful. I finally got my phone...apparently, they mistakenly gave it to one of the undergrads! The boss left for Germany a few minutes ago, so I'm cutting out early to start what I hope will be a catastrophe-free weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
TGIF baby! My bossman is in Japan. Aren't they worldly?
what's your favorite kind of doughnut? mine is either warm glazed doughnuts or the ones with chocolate on top and pudding in the middle...YUM
Right now I'm rather fond of the ones with no glaze and chocolate icing on top.
Post a Comment