...in other words, Dorian wins.
I actually made some progress today. I scored points for thinking of something two PhDs thinking for 3 years couldn't come up with. After that, I decided that today was the day to tackle my lab. For those who don't know, my advisor just inherited some lab space, but I'm the only one in his group with a "wet" project, so it's mine, ALL MINE! Anyway, the space hasn't been used since it was renovated about a year ago, and it was full of dead bugs and old things that people didn't want but didn't want to throw away. After half a day's work, I have a cabnet full of buckets with no handles, two crates full of holey plankton nets, a leaky ceiling, and over 300 lids that don't go to anything. Just when I thought I was finished, I found the refrigerator. I made the mistake of opening it to see what was in there. It is FULL of tiny viles with lables claiming to have been autoclaved in 1997 but no mention of what might be in them. Boy is that going to be fun. I guess I should take some comfort in knowing that anything living in there is younger than me.
14 June 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aren't packrats fun?
i could only imagine what is in there...if i don't autoclave my microbes within like a month...they get nasty
You should just throw everything out and start all over
Post a Comment