06 July 2005

If you can't beat it, let it be your pimp!

...said Amanda probably in reference to some class that was trying to kill us.

On Friday afternoon, as I was considering forming a band whose instruments are old computer parts and hand tools, I got an email from a random professor at Yale demanding to know what progress I had made in finding the data for her. It was copied to my advisor, so I assumed it had some validity, but it was after 5pm the day before a holiday weekend, so I decided to deal with it later. When I checked my email on Saturday, my advisor had responded saying that he may not have been clear in telling me to do it. What he meant was that he left town having not mentioned it to me at all. Tuesday, after countless emails, several phone calls, and a pounding headache, I finally figured out what she wants. By the end of the day yesterday, I had disturbed no less than three vacationing professors (mine not included), and VIMS and NOAA had joined in her query. I'm pretty sure they are all going to be dissappointed when I tell them that the data doesn't exist.

And on the topic of unexpectedly added responsibility, yesterday my advisor gave me his house, garden, and kittens for the next 2 weeks. He tried to give me his kids too, but I gave those back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, why can't I remember which class that was? Maybe Organic? Or was it Cell?

Anonymous said...

Ooh I remember now! It was about me being a Chemisty Workshop leader.

Anonymous said...

Best post title since "Some's bastards some's ain't"!

Maggie said...

Glad to have your approval D.