(Don't ask...I don't know why.)
Lesson learned: don't tell nonstatistical people that you have a statistics minor...they will think you can work mathematical magic and expect you to produce air tight results that are not even possible with their logic-free method. A better plan would be to not tell, then surprise them with a few little tricks that can actually make their results better. I don't mean to bitch...I'm not actually annoyed...but it could have saved me some time today.
I went to a fantastic seminar today. The speaker kept refering to "old dried out professor about to be pushed into an administrative position types." It made me laugh everytime he said it. Aside from that, he was very interesting. In fact, he made my point for me about trying to know everything about everything (which I have been repeatedly criticised for by a certain old dried out administrator...you know who I mean).
This has the potential to be a very good weekend. Unfortunately, I have to decide between a proposed '80s dance party followed by the 2:30AM invasion of Hardee's or being fit to go hiking at the National Seashore bright and early in the morning. We'll see what happens.
22 July 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you met Maggie? HELLO. Hiking at the National Seashore.
I certainly hope you aren't complaining about having to make that kind of decision.
Post a Comment