Since I've been here, I've been pretty focused on my work, so I haven't exactly gone out of my way to be social. As a result, I haven't really gotten to know many of the students, but today, Dave informed me that he was dragging me along to the student meeting whether I liked it or not. We have such a small student body here that our democratic student government works like a town meeting (very Stars Hollow, to steal Dorian's analogy). I said he didn't have to drag me, just tell me when it was. At this point it became clear why none of the new students had been showing up to meetings--they hadn't added us to the email list. They appoligized profusely for this failure and for any derrogatory statements about the new students' refusal to participate that may have been made. Anyway, it reminded me how nice everyone is here, and kind of made my day.
I also managed to accomplish several things that I've been putting off for about a week now, and I'm pretty proud of myself for it. The weekend with Dorian was great fun and was decidedly too short, but as far as Mondays go, this one has been a good start.
11 July 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
An hour before you posted this blog you told me you wanted to quit! Nobody likes a flip-flopper
I did want to quit...with respect to the diel vertical migration situation, I still do! But I do not want to quit being surrounded by great people.
i like the pop culture reference to the gilmore girls...what a great show.
Post a Comment